Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Happy New Year Starburst - Stampin' Up! More Wishes

   I always end up needing a few happy new year cards so I wanted to get ahead of it and at least get one card designed so if I don't have time to design any more from scratch I can just make more of this design.  The layout is from the Global Design Project challenge and is perfect for highlighting either a smaller image or a sentiment.  


  So what do you think is a good New Year's color palette?  I definitely wanted to use gold and I thought Orchid Oasis and Fresh Freesia would work along with it.  What do you think?

  I started with a Basic White thick base, then a layer of Orchid Oasis and then a layer of Basic White embossed with the long retired Tufted embossing folder.  All of my current folders were just a little too busy and I thought the delicate streamer die cuts would just get lost.  I'm glad I held onto this one!

  I used the light strand die from the Merry & Bright die set to cut 4 strings.   I used the retired gold Soft Shimmer paper but we still carry other colors if you like this style of paper (see page 127 in the Annual Catalog).  Gold foil would also be a great choice!  Once I got them cut and adhered I added a starburst in Fresh Freesia and Orchid Oasis from the Stars at Night die set and popped the 2 layers.

  The sentiment is the More Wishes stamp set which coordinates with the Biggest Wish stamp set for more mix and match possibilities.  I stamped it in Versamark and embossed in gold.  I fussy cut each word then popped them on mini dimensionals across the starburst.

  The retired Fresh Freesia opaque faceted gems are the final detail for this celebratory card.

  All of the current products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: More Wishes

Ink: Versamark

Paper: Basic White thick, Basic White, Orchid Oasis, Fresh Freesia, Soft Shimmer Gold Specialty paper (retired)

Accessories: Merry & Bright dies, Stars at Night dies, gold embossing powder, dimensionals, Tufted embossing folder (retired), Opaque Faceted gems (retired)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!