Sunday, October 8, 2023

Halloween Lights - Stampin' Up! Merry & Bright

   Do you decorate for Halloween or just put out generic autumn decorations?  I have a few spooky-ish decorations that I put out but generally all I have is just generic fall.  But making a card that has a Halloween vibe is getting me in the mood to get my decorations out!


  I designed this card as a thank you for all of my customers who placed orders last month.  I write a note on writing paper and leave the card blank inside so they can send it out themselves and share the fun. 

  I had a good time combining the Merry & Bright Christmas stamp set with the jack-o-lantern face from the Pick of the Patch pumpkin stamp set.

  I started with a Basic Black card base then a layer of Parakeet Party and a slightly smaller on of Basic White.  I stamped the bulbs in Gorgeous Grape and Pumpkin Pie and embossed the face with black embossing powder.  I used the retired 2022-2024 In Color Glimmer paper to cut out the bulb sockets for a nice bit of bling.  Once I had the bulbs and sockets adhered I strung them across the main panel with Parakeet Party baker's twine and added a little bow on one side.

  To keep the bulbs in place I used dimensionals to adhere them just where I wanted along the string.

  Finally I stamped the Halloween sentiment from Pick of the Patch in the low right hand corner.

  I enjoyed making this set of cards as I don't normally make many Halloween designs and it was a good stretch of the creativity to combine these sets.

  All of the current products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Merry & Bright, Pick of the Patch

Ink: Gorgeous Grape, Pumpkin Pie, Versamark, Memento Black

Paper: Basic Black, Parakeet Party, Basic White, 2022-2024 In Color Glimmer paper (retired)

Accessories: Merry & Bright dies, baker's twine, black embossing powder, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!