Saturday, October 14, 2023

Pumpkin Patch Stripes - Stampin' Up! Pick of the Patch

   When I saw the colors at The Color Throwdown I was a bit stumped for an idea and then it came to me; use a bunch of the little stamps in the Pick of the Patch stamp set and stamp them on strips of cardstock in the challenge colors to make a background.  My vision didn't make it so far as to figure out what to do with it next so I winged the rest of it with the oval that I found in my scraps and used it to make a focal point.  But I think I could have jazzed the card up differently I'm just not sure how....


  But overall I really like the background and think it's a fun way to use a lot of smaller images.  My colors are Pumpkin Pie, Azure Afternoon and Granny Apple Green.  I didn't use uniform widths of cardstock because the stamps were all different and I didn't want a lot of open space.

  Any oval die would work to re-create this one but mine is cut using the retired Stitched Shapes dies.  I found the piece in my orphaned card parts basket (I'm trying to be good and use stuff up when I can!).

  All of the current supplies used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Pick of the Patch

Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Azure Afternoon, Granny Apple Green, Memento Black

Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Azure Afternoon, Granny Apple Green, Basic White, Basic White thick

Accessories: Pick of the Patch builder punch, dimensionals, Stitched Shapes dies (retired)



1 comment:

  1. Such a fun and cute card! I love the repetition in the background strips!! Thanks for playing along with the Color Throwdown challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!