Sunday, October 22, 2023

Birthday Raccoon - Stampin' Up! Zany Zoo

   I shared a Christmas card last week with the same color combo as my card today and I think I had the idea to use those colors after seeing the challenge over at Seize the Birthday challenge but I flaked out and ended up making a Christmas card instead of a birthday card for the challenge.  So I thought I would re-visit the colors and actually play along with the birthday theme.  I used the Freshly Made Sketches layout with banners at the top of the design but flipped to portrait instead of landscape.


  What a fun color combo and those flags at the top make it even more festive!

  I started with a Parakeet Party base then a layer of Melon Mambo and finally the piece of Basic White on which I stamped the raccoon from Zany Zoo as well as the sentiment in Memento Black.  I used watercolor pencils to color the raccoon and Blends markers for the balloons.

  The flags are hand trimmed in different widths.  I had to dig back years in my scraps to find any DSP in Melon Mambo and I can't even tell you what pack it was because it was before I saved the labels after packs retired.  The Parakeet Party patterns are from the 2022-2024 In Color DSP.  The edges of the flags are covered with a length of Lemon Lime Twist from the ribbon duo pack.  The LLT is super close to Parakeet Party so it definitely works for this card.

  Thanks for the fun colors Seize the Birthday!  Thanks for the great layout Freshly Made Sketches!

  All of the current products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Zany Zoo

Ink: Memento Black

Blends: Parakeet Party light & dark, Melon Mambo light & dark

Paper: Parakeet Party, Melon Mambo, Basic White, 2022-2024 In Color DSP (retired), unknown Melon Mambo DSP

Accessories: watercolor pencils, dimensionals, Ribbon Duo pack





5 comments:

  1. This really is a fun color combination and makes for a very happy birthday card! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is as darling as can be! Love the bright banner and of course Ms. Raccoon delivering the balloons to the party! Such a creative use of our colors, Amanda! Thanks for playing at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! And I love these bright colors! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a charming little guy hanging out below the bright and cheerful banner! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card -- he is so cute holding his balloons~ Thanks for joining in at STB

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!