Thursday, October 19, 2023

Merry Christmas Wreath - Stampin' Up! More Wishes

   My card today is inspired by the Global Design Project CASE the Designer challenge. Kayla Renee is the designer we're to CASE and her card is gorgeous!  I used the layout and I was also inspired by the plaid background.  I need way more Christmas cards than I have and it's always around this time of the fall that I start to get nervous that I won't have enough so I went with a Christmas theme for today's card to help alleviate my panic.


  I started with a Shaded Spruce base then a layer of Basic White then my plaid layer.  I created the plaid pattern myself by using my grid paper, a ruler and my Shaded Spruce blends markers.  I just kind of started making straight lines and then making some darker as well as alternating between the dark and light markers for a variety.  It started with a piece of Basic White and after I finished the lines I lightly blended some Shaded Spruce ink onto it with a blending brush.  I'm pleased with how it turned out but I think it's mostly a happy accident that it looks as good as it does.  I'll have to try it again and see if I can be more than a one hit wonder lol!

  Next is a Basic White panel cut with he Deckled Rectangle dies and then heavily blended with Cherry Cobbler ink.

  I cut 2 wreaths with the Wishes All Around dies and layered the Distressed gold under the Shaded Spruce one for a nice full look.

  The sentiment is from the More Wishes stamp set and is stamped in Versamark and then embossed in gold.  I fussy cut the words and then popped them over the wreath with dimensionals.  I added a few gold gems and a Cherry Cobbler baker's twine bow.  

  I'm pleased with how this classic Christmas card came out and it just may be a design that I make a few more of to add to the stash!

  All of the current items used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: More Wishes

Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Shaded Spruce, versamark

Blends: Shaded Spruce light & dark

Paper: Shaded Spruce, Basic White, Distressed Gold

Accessories: Deckled Rectangle dies, Wishes All Around dies, dimensionals, gold embossing powder, gold gems (retired), cherry cobbler baker's twine (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!