Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Yellow Oak Thanksgiving - Stampin' Up! Autumn Leaves

   Last weekend we drove up through the Shenandoah Valley and we saw the start of some beautiful fall colors.  The colors haven't hit their peak in our area just yet so we enjoyed the preview and look forward to seeing it closer to home!

  In the meantime I'm using the colors at The Color Hues to re-create some autumn oak leaves.  They are having us use Yellow and Kraft which I translated to Crushed Curry, Lemon Lolly and Crumb Cake.


  I started with a Crumb Cake base and then a layer of Very Vanilla embossed with the Distressed Tile embossing folder.  I fear I'm a one trick pony when it comes to embossing folders lately.  This one is my absolute favorite right now and shows no signs of slipping in the rankings!  If you follow me on Instagram (@didyoustamptoday) you might have seen my recent reel about being obsessed with this folder!

  Next I sprayed a bit of water onto Fluid 100 watercolor paper to make it damp then inked up the oak leaf stamp from Autumn Harvest.  I stamped 3 in Crushed Curry and 3 in Lemon Lolly.  The wet paper softens the image and blurs the edges just a bit.  I then die cut them along with the veins.

  The veins are adhered to the leaves and then the leaves are adhered to the card front with Tear and Tape to make sure they stick well in case they are still a bit damp.  Once they were arranged in a wreath shape I got to work on the sentiment.  

  I wanted a sentiment to go across the wreath but not cover up too much of it.  The sentiments in the Autumn Leaves set didn't have one that worked so I pulled this one from the Pick of the Patch set.  It was the perfect size.  I stamped it in Crumb Cake on Very Vanilla and added a bit of retired ribbon underneath and then popped it on dimensionals over the wreath.

  A few adhesive-back speckled dots are the final touch to finish this fun fall card.

  All of the current items used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Autumn Leaves, Pick of the Patch

Ink: Crushed Curry, Lemon Lolly, Crumb Cake

Paper: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Fluid 100 watercolor paper

Accessories: Autumn Leaves dies, Distressed Tile embossing folder, dimensionals, adhesive-backed speckled dots, fine art ribbon (retired)



6 comments:

  1. Your leaf wreath is so pretty Amanda and works beautifully for our challenge colors! I'm loving your embossed background too and can see why the folder is a favorite of yours! CAS and beautiful...love it!! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at The Color Hues Color Challenge! Marcia (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda, your leaves are beautiful! I love the colors and added texture of the EF. Great to see this pretty card in our gallery at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are perfect leaves for making a wreath, and gorgeous ones to boot! That embossing folder is so detailed and beautiful--no wonder you love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda I love your pretty wreath! It looks great and shows off the challenge colors in a beautiful way! Thanks for playing at Color Hues ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those leaves are so pretty, Amanda! The tile EF was a perfect choice for a background. We had hopes to see Fall leaves this year, but life got in the way! So happy to see you in the gallery at Color Hues. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda, I so get what you're saying about finding and frequently using a great embossing folder (or background die or stencil), and I do love the one you're currently obsessed with lol! It definitely adds a beautiful background to your lovely wreath and I love how you created the color mix for the leaves! So glad you joined us for this challenge at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!