Friday, October 6, 2023

Balmy Autumn - Stampin' Up! Autumn Leaves

 As much fun as it is to use those rich autumnal colors for fall cards it's nice to throw in some non-traditional fall colors now and again!  I used the pretty colors from the Color Throwdown challenge this week and created a fall-ish card with colors other than orange, yellow and brown.

  I used Balmy Blue, Night of Navy and Calypso Coral.


  I started with a Balmy Blue card front and I stamped off the smallest leaves from the Autumn Leaves stamp set all over in a random pattern.  Then I cut a piece of vellum with the Counryside Corners dies and embossed it with the Distressed Tile embossing folder for some awesome texture to layer my leaves against.

  I had a scrap of Night of Navy bordered ribbon that I wanted to try to use up so I adhered that down the edge of the vellum panel.  

  The leaves are stamped in the challenge colors then cut out.  The veins/stems are cut from the same colors of card stock and adhered to each leaf.

 The sentiment is stamped in Night of Navy and I added a few retired milky dots for a final detail.

  All of the current products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Autumn Leaves

Ink: Balmy Blue, Night of Navy, Calypso Coral

Paper: Balmy Blue, vellum, Basic White, Night of Navy, Calypso Coral

Accessories: Countryside Corners dies, Autumn Leaves dies, Distressed Tile embossing folder, dimensionals, Bordered Ribbon, milky dots (retired)



1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty, Amanda! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at the Color Throwdown challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!