Sunday, October 15, 2023

Bright & Festive - Stampin' Up! Festive & Fun

  I made this card after seeing a project shared by Stampin' Up! on Instagram and I thought they were challenging us to use these colors to make a Christmas card but they really were doing a creative challenge to use unconventional Christmas colors.  So I didn't really read that carefully and made a card with those exact colors.  Tomorrow's card will be unconventional Christmas colors though!

  When I re-read the challenge I thought that these colors weren't all that unconventional; I mean Old Olive is kind of a Christmas card staple!  At least it is in my stamp room!


  This one starts with an Old Olive base with a piece of Old Olive embossed with the Stars at Night embossing folder. I dug back through my orphaned card parts and found this die cut Stitched Rectangle and it was the perfect size to use with the giraffe in the Festive & Fun stamp set.  These colors are perfect for the image aren't they?

  I colored the image with Stampin' Blends and then added a scrap of retired Regency Park DSP in a Petal Pink polka dot pattern.  I wrapped some long ago retired Old Olive baker's twine around the DSP and tied a bow.

 The sentiment is from the carry over set from last year; Brightest Glow. I stamped it in Old Olive on another piece from the orphaned card parts basket and popped it up on dimensionals at the corner.

  So what do you think?  Are these unconventional colors or not?

  All of the current products used on this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!   Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Festive & Fun, Brightest Glow

Ink: Memento Black, Old Olive

Blends: Old Olive light & dark, Petal Pink light & dark, Pecan Pie light and dark, Daffodil Delight light & dark

Paper: Old Olive, Basic White, Regency park DSP (retired)

Accessories: Stars at Night embossing folder, Stylish Shapes dies, dimensionals, Stitched Rectangle dies (retired), Old Olive bakers twine (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!