Saturday, October 7, 2023

Around the Christmas Tree - Stampin' Up! Wishes All Around

  Sometimes when I see a stamping challenge I immediately know what stamp set I'm going to use.  When there is a layout with a big circle in it only a few months before Christmas it's 90% of the time going to be a wreath card!  I just can't help myself; once I see that circle there's no going in a different direction.  This exact scenario happened this week when I saw the Global Design Project layout.  Big circle = wreath!

  So I pulled out the Wishes All Around bundle and the only thing to decide was which of the 3 wreaths to use!  I went with the trees this time and played around with a fun color combo; Highland Heather, Coastal Cabana and Orchid Oasis.


  I always seem to end up with retired In Color DSP and of course this pack is no exception so I used a piece of the Orchid Oasis in a light polka dot pattern as my card front (the full base is Basic White thick).  I layered a piece of Basic White embossed with the Snowflake Sky embossing folder and edged with strips of Coastal Cabana.

  The tree wreath is stamped in Coastal Cabana and die cut. I then stamped a few trees each in Orchid Oasis and Highland Heather and cut them out. I alternated the different colors around the wreath and then popped it up on mini dimensionals.

  To follow the sketch I stamped the sentiment from Merry & Bright in Orchid Oasis and then cut them out and adhered them to the side of the wreath.

  An Iridescent ribbon tied in a fork bow tops the wreath and some adhesive-backed glitter sequins are added in opposite corners for a bit of sparkle and balance.

  All of the current products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Wishes All Around, Merry & Bright

Ink: Highland Heather, Coastal Cabana, Orchid Oasis

Paper: Basic White, 2022-2024 In Color DSP (retired), Coastal Cabana

Accessories: Wishes All Around dies, dimensionals, Snowflake Sky embossing folder, Iridescent ribbon, adhesive-backed glitter sequins



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!