Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Merry Moose - Stampin' Up! Festive & Fun

   I'm playing with the Paper Players challenge for my card today.  They have a fun tic tac toe choice board this time which always give lots of great combos of things to work with.  I decided to go with the middle down column; brown, die cut, twine.

  I was in the mood to make a Christmas card so some of the other combos didn't quite work so I challenged myself with the brown.  After browsing my supplies I came up with this card;


  Brown- check; the DSP, color of the moose and ink for the sentiment. Die cuts- check; the 2 layers of Deckled Rectangles as well as the Stylish Shapes circle for the sentiment. Twine- check; some linen thread tied around the top rectangle panel.

  I am really having fun coloring in the images in the Festive & Fun stamp set.  I hope you don't get tired of seeing all the different versions because they are too cute not to use as much as possible.

  I started with a piece of Let's Go Fishing DSP which might not seem like a very Christmas-y pack of paper but some of the reverse sides are nice plaids or stripes that can be used for any type of card.  I chose the Pecan Pie plaid pattern for some of my brown.

  Next I cut 2 Deckled Rectangles in Very Vanilla and stamped the moose in Early Espresso on the smaller one.  I colored him in with Stampin' Blends markers (listed below).  I added a strip of Joy of Christmas DSP in a red checked pattern opposite the moose and the wrapped the twine around it and tied a bow.

  Using the Bough punch I punched 2 sprigs in Shaded Spruce to tuck behind the sentiment.  The sentiment from Brightest Glow stamp set is stamped in Pecan Pie (more brown) and is popped up on dimensionals over the sprigs and twine.  Finally, a few retired red gems embellish the sentiment.

 Crooked photo notwithstanding, I think this one came out pretty cute!  Thanks to the Paper Players for the inspiration!

All of the current products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Festive & Fun, Brightest Glow

Ink: Pecan Pie, Early Espresso

Blends: Pecan Pie light & dark, Medium Deep, Cherry Cobbler light & dark, Shaded Spruce light, Basic Black dark

Paper: Let's Go Fishing DSP, Joy of Christmas DSP, Very Vanilla, Shaded Spruce

Accessories: Deckled Rectangle dies, Stylish Shapes dies, linen thread, Bough punch, dimensionals, red gems (retired)



3 comments:

  1. Amanda, cute - check! A moose carrying a plate of mousse brought a chuckle! Thank you for sharing your cute pun-ny card with us at The Paper Players.
    Xoxo, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, this is so FUN! I love your little moose! The plaid background is fabulous and I love the PP colors! The layout is perfect! SO happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable. And I wondered where that plaid paper came from...totally forgot that I have those papers and need to USE them! But that moose....just the cutest! Thanks for using our Paper Players Tic-Tac-Toe grid this week for your fun creation!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!