Friday, November 17, 2023

Wreathes All Around - Stampin' Up! More Wishes

   I know I sounds like a broken record but I just love participating in challenges because they really do make me stretch creatively and try out colors and layouts that I never would have worked with otherwise.  And they also keep me from dithering around trying to decide where to start! And let's be honest I need to have some stamping focus a lot of the time!!

  I'm playing along with he Hand Stamped Sentiments crowd today.  I never would have brought these colors together on my own and I'm liking the end result!


  We're to use Berry Burst, Mossy Meadow and Pebbled Path.  And since I'm in full on Christmas mode I am turning every card that I can into a Christmas theme whether or not they might be considered traditional Christmas colors.

  The layout is a closed challenge at TGIF Challenges that I didn't get to in time to enter but it was a sketch that I wanted to try out.  This cards starts with a Pebbled Path base then a layer of 2023-2025 In Colors DSP in a polka dot pattern.

  The next layer is a piece of Basic White embossed with the Snowflake Sky embossing folder and then backed with a piece of Berry Burst.

  I cut 2 wreaths out of Mossy Meadow card stock using the Wishes All Around dies and stacked them together.  Then I cut a few sprigs out of Berry Burst Soft Shimmer paper and tucked them around the wreath.

  I stamped the sentiment with the More Wishes stamp set with the Christmas in Berry Burst and the wishes in Mossy Meadow and then cut them out.  I popped both up on dimensionals to the side of the wreath.

  Finally I added some retired  faceted gems to the wreath for a bit more sparkle and a Mossy Meadow cotton twine bow on the side.

  All of the current products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: More Wishes

Ink: Mossy Meadow, Berry Burst

Paper: Pebbled Path, Basic White, Mossy Meadow, Berry Burst, Soft Shimmer paper, 2023-2025 In Color DSP

Accessories: Snowflake Sky embossing folder, Wishes All Around dies, dimensionals, gems (retired), cotton twine (retired)



4 comments:

  1. Oh I love how you used the color combo for your card! The layout is just perfect! The wreath on the side is a great touch! Thanks for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our colours look so lovely on this Christmas card - thank you for taking the time out of what is becoming a very busy period for crafters to join in with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh brilliant, Amanda - this makes for a fantastic holiday combo! Love how you tucked in the color on that fun wreath, too - beautiful! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty and festive! The polkadot dsp gives your card whimsy and fun! Great layout too! Thanks for playing along with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!