Thursday, November 16, 2023

Classic Christmas - Stampin' Up! Brightest Glow

   I've been playing around the last few days to design my projects for an upcoming class and while this one won't be a design my stampers make I was able to combine 2 challenges for this classic red, green and gold Christmas card.  The layout is from Freshly Made Sketches and the color palette is from The Paper Players.


  The base is Real Red and then another layer of Real Red embossed with the Cane Weave embossing folder.  The bottom strip is Basic White topped by a piece of Textured Shimmer paper in Shaded Spruce.  The other strip is a piece of Cherry Cobbler topped with a pattern of the Joy of Christmas DSP.

  For the element that goes across the card I used the Timeless Arrangements dies to cut the panel for the sentiment and the greenery bits.  I did add a tiny bit of Old Olive for some contrast with the Shaded Spruce and reds.

  The sentiment from Brightest Glow is stamped in Shaded Spruce and the whole arrangement is backed with a piece of retired gold shimmer ribbon.  I popped the whole element on dimensionals and added some faceted gold gems around it.

  All of the current products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Brightest Glow

Ink: Shaded Spruce

Paper: Real Red, Shaded Spruce, Basic White, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Joy of Christmas DSP, Textured Shimmer paper

Accessories: Cane Weave embossing folder, Timeless Arrangements dies, dimensionals, gold shimmer ribbon (retired), gold faceted gems (retired)




6 comments:

  1. Wonderful mix of color, texture and patterns! Beautiful card! Glad you shared it at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's tricky to mix texture and pattern - you totally nailed it with this card Amanda! Love the foliage detail that trims the sentiment too. Thanks for playing my colour challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Amanda. I echo Joanne's comments. With as many elements as you've included on your card, this could have been easily over-done, but you kept it clean and well-balanced. Very nice card - thanks for sharing it with us at The Paper Players!
    Xoxo, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I love this sketch too, and your choice of DSP and embossing really make this stand out! Thanks for playing with our colors this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! The texture and the colors are perfect for a Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful patterns, colours and texture and I love that sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!