Sunday, November 12, 2023

Frosty Snowflake - Stampin' Up! Snow Crystal

   My card today is using the colors over at The Color Hues challenge.  I love the purple and light blue pairing and thought the frosty colors would be perfect for some snow.  Snow is probably a long way off for us here in central Virginia so I'll just have to make do with it in ink form for now.


  I started with a Basic White base then used a smaller layer of Basic White and embossed the big Snow Crystal snowflake in white.  Then using blending brushes and Balmy Blue and Highland Heather ink I blended from the top left corner starting with the Balmy Blue and ending with Highland Heather in the opposite corner.

  A length of white iridescent ribbon  anchors the right side of the card.  The sentiment from More Wishes is stamped in Balmy Blue and is fussy cut and then popped on dimensionals in the lower corner.

  I found a few stray iridescent adhesive sequins in my retired stash so I scattered some of those across the card front as the final embellishment.

  All of the current products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Snow Crystal, More Wishes

Ink: Versamark, Balmy Blue, Highland Heather

Paper: Basic White thick, Basic White

Accessories: white embossing powder,  iridescent ribbon, sequins



3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous snowflake and background, the ribbon down the side was such a great touch! So glad you joined us at Color Hues and you enjoyed our color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll echo Nancy: your snowflake card is gorgeous! Love the blended background, the light blue inked sentiment and the pretty ribbon. Thrilled to see you in the Colour Hues gallery.
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, I just had to come by to see that gorgeous snowflake up close! Congratulations on your well-deserved win!
    =]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!