Monday, April 27, 2020

Wise Owl Hello - Stampin' Up! Check You Out

  I'll definitely miss the Check You Out set once it's retired for good.  It's a cute little set and I've enjoyed it for making all kinds of cards in the last year and especially the last 2 months making a lot of hello and thinking of you cards to mail out to friends and family.

  I'm joining in on the Color Throwdown challenge at the last minute.  I saw these colors when they first posted but just didn't get to them until this weekend.


  Since Pineapple Punch is retiring too I'm trying to use it when I can.  I have a whole pack of cardstock that was going to be used in classes the last few months of this catalog year and now since those aren't happening I have a lot of bright cardstock to use!

  The base is Whisper White thick then a layer of Pineapple punch topped with a piece of long retired DSP called Floral Boutique.  Thank goodness for google!  I had to look up the name as all I had left from the pack is a few scraps.   I liked this polka dot pattern for a background for my sweet wise owl.

  For the green I used Granny Apple Green and cut a Stitched So Sweetly die scalloped rectangle and then embossed it with the Subtle embossing folder.

  I pulled out my stamparatus to stamp my hearts across the Pineapple Punch layer.  The owl is stamped in Crumb Cake with Night of Navy glasses and is fussy cut and popped up on dimensionals.

  The sentiment is stamped in Night of Navy and trimmed down and adhered with a little but of two way glue.  A Night of Navy bakers twine bow and a few sequins finish off this hello card.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Check You Out

Ink: Night of Navy, Crumb Cake, Pineapple Punch

Paper: Whisper White thick, Whisper White, Granny Apple Green, Pineapple Punch, Floral Boutique DSP (retired)

Accessories: Stitched So Sweetly dies, dimensionals, bakers twine, sequins, Subtle embossing folder


1 comment:

  1. Adorable card and will make someone's day who gets this happy mail! Thanks so much for joining us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!