Thursday, April 16, 2020

Seasonal Snowflakes - Stampin' Up! Colorful Seasons

  So Christmas in April?  Why not?  I follow a few Christmas card challenges but generally don't participate until later in the year when the season is more in my face with the release of the Stampin' Up! holiday catalog.  But in these crazy times I thought why the heck not get some Christmas cards made? I certainly have enough time!

  This card is for the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown April color challenge which is to use Red and White.  Easy enough right?


  I wanted to keep it clean and simple and let the snowflake shine.  Literally, the snowflakes are either stamped and embossed with shimmer embossing powder or die cut from Sparkle Glimmer paper.  The white and shimmer looks great against the red and a bit of white on white texture for the back ground.  

  I have a gut feeling that the Colorful Seasons set and Seasonal Layers dies might end up on the retirement list this year.  They've been around for a while but I still get a lot of mileage out them.  I have used 3 out of the 4 seasons on projects lately (summer one to be shared in the next few days).  This set might be my most versatile in terms of images and die cuts for any kind of card.  Fingers crossed that it doesn't retire because I am still finding new designs to use it for.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Seasonal Layers

Ink: Versamark

Paper: Whisper White thick, Whisper White, Real Red, Sparkle Glimmer paper

Accessories: Seasonal Layers dies, white shimmer embossing powder, Pinewood Planks embossing folder, dimensionals, red satin ribbon, sequins, rhinestones

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!