Thursday, April 2, 2020

Tropical Hello - Stampin' Up! Tropical Chic

  About the only thing interesting happening around our house these days is that our bluebird pair just hatched 4 eggs so we've been watching them on the bird camera a lot.   It fun to see Rachel & Andy (those are the parents) come and go with bugs and other unidentifiable food things.  This is the first time we've had 4 eggs; in the past there have been 5 or 6 eggs so we're curious to see if this family grows more quickly or not.

  For my card today I'm playing along with the sketch over at Global Design Project.  I went bold with these colors and was originally inspired by a bedding print I saw in a catalog.


  First I stamped the background by using my bright colors and different leaves from the Tropical Chic stamp set.  My idea was to make custom DSP and then layer the banner and circle elements right on top.  Well once I finished the background it was super busy and bright and I felt that any other element would kind of get lost. 

  I decided to use a piece of vellum and emboss it with the Subtle embossing folder for a bit of texture and to also tone down the background stamping.  I think it worked!  I still can see my leaves and colors but it lets the banner and circle be the focal element.

  The banner is embossed with the Coastal Weave embossing folder and then I embossed in white the Hello from the Varied Vases set.  I added an enamel dot and a white baker's twine bow.

  On a Whisper White stitched circle I layered the die cut leaves and the stamped and die cut flowers using dimensionals for some of them.  I used markers to highlight the centers of the flowers.

   Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Tropical Chic, Varied Vases

Ink: Blueberry Bushel, Granny Apple Green, Poppy Parade, Bermuda Bay, Mango Melody, Versamark

Paper: Blueberry Bushel, Whisper White, Vellum, Granny Apple Green

Accessories: Subtle embossing folder, Coastal Weave embossing folder, Stitched Shapes dies, Tropical dies, dimensionals, enamel dots, bakers twine, white embossing powder


1 comment:

  1. Love how the vellum lets you use bright colors on your background without competing with the main image. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!