Wednesday, April 22, 2020

BBQ Picnic - Stampin' Up! Outdoor Barbecue

  It's never too early to start on some Father's Day cards is it?  And who doesn't like a good BBQ picnic?  I used the Cas(e) This Sketch challenge for this card.  I thought it was a great layout for the smaller food stamps in the Outdoor Barbecue set.  I did turn the card to landscape so I could fit 3 squares.


 Since the images are on the smaller side instead of coloring with Blends I decided to use colored pencils which I hardly ever think to use.  Since Stampin' Up! came out with the second set of colors in the pencils I find it easier since there are more choices.  I stamped each image in Stazon and then used the pencils and a blender pen.  Then the Stitched Shapes square die was used to cut them out.

  The red checked background is another piece from a long retired pack called Quilted Christmas DSP from 2017.  I had a sleeve of random scraps and I was lucky enough to find this red checked pattern as it reminded me of a fun picnic blanket or tablecloth for a casual bbq.

  I embossed the sentiment in white on black cardstock and added a black brad to each end.  The sentiment strip and the food panels are all popped on dimensionals.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Outdoor Barbecue

Ink: Stazon, Versamark

Paper: Whisper White thick, Whisper White, Basic Black, Quilted Christmas DSP (retired)

Accessories: colored pencils, Stitched Shapes dies, white embossing powder, dimensionals, black brads (retired)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!