Saturday, April 11, 2020

Holy Brightness Batman! - Stampin' Up! Check You Out

  Well I hope this card wakes up your eyes if you've been struggling to get going on this Saturday!  Once I started pulling colors together I couldn't stop with the bright, in your face colors!

  My start for this card is the Festive Friday Challenge which is to celebrate National Library Worker Day.  This one caught my eye not only because of the celebration but all the fun inspiration items on the list.  In my former "before kids" life I was a library worker and loved every minute of it.  Since my kids were born our local public library has played a big part of their lives and they are avid readers and it's all to having a wonderful facility and staff that welcomes families to the world of books.  Maybe someday I'll get back to being a library worker but for now I'm definitely celebrating them!


  Did someone say yellow??  Yes, that's one of the inspiration elements and I went with it.  Pineapple Punch will be retiring soon so I've been wanting to use it more so I don't feel so much regret when I have to put away the ink and cardstock.  I think I have more than the 3 required elements on my card to play along with this challenge.  I couldn't stop!

  I have yellow, books, bug/insect, alphabet stamps, pocket element and ribbon.  Whew!  I'm tired!  The yellow is pretty clear.  The books I stamped in all my colors then cut them out and stacked them in a very precarious pile along the side of my card front.  The little book worm was a no brainer.  I stamped him in Granny Apple Green then stamped his bowtie again in Poppy Parade and cut it out for some nice neckwear.  I gave him some retired googly eyes that I had left.  I used the ABC stamps from my retired Labeler Alphabet set to stamp the background.  The pocket element/checkout card is stamped in Blueberry Bushel (also soon to be retired) and is cut out and popped on dimensionals over the top of some grosgrain Pineapple Punch ribbon.

  This was a fantastic challenge and it was really fun to put all these elements together.  Now to find someone to send it to that won't be blinded when they open it!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Check You Out, Labeler Alphabet (retired)

Ink: Pineapple Punch, Granny Apple Green, Poppy Parade, Blueberry Bushel

Paper: Pineapple Punch, Whisper White, Poppy Parade

Accessories: Stitched Shapes dies, dimensionals, Pineapple Punch grosgrain ribbon, googly eyes (retired)


3 comments:

  1. I love everything about this card Amanda! Bright and happy, books,book worm, googlie eyes! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bright colors! It is such a happy card and anyone would be happy to receive it! Thanks for stamping along with the Festive Friday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Your project was selected as a Festive Fave over at the Festive Friday Challenge. As a reminder, you can hop over to the challenge to grab your winners badge for your blog. Thanks so much for joining us and I hope you will play along again really soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!