Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Birthday Lion - Stampin' Up! Bonanza Buddies

  I'm just adding to my birthday card stash with my project today.  I'm playing along with the Just Add Ink challenge.  They have a nice inspiration photo and I pulled my color combination from it.  I thought the bright colors would be fun with the sweet lion from Birthday Bonanza.


  The card base is Whisper White thick then a layer of Whisper White embossed with the Tufted embossing folder.  Then I dug deep into my DSP scraps and came out with this Melon Mambo beauty from way, way, way back in the day.  I had to pull out some old catalogs to identify it because I didn't write the name on the sleeve.  The DSP is It's My Party and was a huge stack of papers and I still have quite a few scraps left though I think I sold any full sheets in my retirement sale.  I might need to do a real clean out of my closet if I keep finding stuff from like 2016!

  The lion is stamped in Mango Melody with the body being stamped off once and the mane in full strength ink.  I popped him up on a Stitched Shape circle and gave him a Melon Mambo gift to hold.  The lion and the streamers are die cut with the coordinating Bonanza dies and the gift is hand cut.

  The happy birthday sentiment is from Itty Bitty Greetings and I added a baker's twine bow to the side.  I also added a few adhesive sequins because why not?

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Bonanza Buddies, Itty Bitty Greetings

Ink: Mango Melody, Melon Mambo, Memento black

Paper: Whisper White thick, Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Mango Melody, It's My Party DSP (retired)

Accessories: Bonanza dies, Stitched Shapes dies, dimensionals, adhesive sequins, baker's twine (retired)



 

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous use of the inspiration! Fun-bright and lovely! Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!