Monday, April 13, 2020

Hello Vases - Stampin' Up! Little Hellos

  Happy Monday all!  In spite of the quarantine we had a lovely family Easter that included online church, a giant ham and video calls with most of our extended family.  Now back to the grind lol!

  When the lock down was getting going and I had to cancel my March stamping classes my friend suggested I start a private Facebook group for my local stampers to be able to share projects and just generally stay connected.  It's worked nicely so far and it's fun to see what everyone has been making while at home.  I gave them a challenge last week to find their first or oldest Stampin' Up! set and make a card with it.

  My first set was Little Hellos and I've held on to it all these years later even though I very rarely keep any retired sets.  I pulled it out and boy oh boy are those images tiny!  I was stumped at first because I was trying to figure out a layout where the tiny images wouldn't get lost.  My husband requested a card for his administrative assistant for admin day which is coming up.  I thought the flowers would be a good starting point.


    I decided that the Color Throwdown challenge colors were what I was going to use.  These are nice bright colors; Granny Apple Green, Lovely Lipstick, Pumpkin Pie and Pineapple Punch.

  This card started out with a Whisper White thick card base, then a layer of Granny Apple Green then another layer of Whisper White embossed with Layered Leaves embossing folder.

  The vases are stamped in Basic Gray and I colored them in with my Stampin' Blends.  I have to say that I had to do several takes as I kept getting a little heavy handed and my colors were bleeding a bit into the open spaces.  They are so tiny!!  I finally got all 3 finished.  The vases and the sentiment panel are cut out with the Stitched So Sweetly dies and popped with dimensionals.

  I added some pearls to the the sentiment and some Whisper White crinkled seam binding ribbon around the top panel.  There is also a bit of Clear Wink of Stella on the flowers which can't be seen in the photo.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Little Hellos (retired), Honey Bee

Ink: Basic Gray, Versamark

Blends: Lovey Lipstick light & dark, Pumpkin Pie light & dark, Pineapple Punch light & dark, Granny Apple Green light & dark

Paper: Granny Apple Green, Whisper White thick, Whisper White

Accessories: Layered Leaves e.f., corner rounder, Stitched So Sweetly dies, dimensionals, white embossing folder, Wink of Stella, adhesive pearls, white crinkled seam binding ribbon



1 comment:

  1. This is such a pretty and sweet design and how great that you came up with an alternative for your stamp class! So glad you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!