Monday, April 20, 2020

Spring Roses - Stampin' Up! To A Wild Rose

Happy Monday!  Hope you had a lovely weekend and it was a nice change of pace from a regular weekday; if there is even a difference to you anymore!

I started this card on Friday and finished it up on Saturday. It's for The Card Concept challenge.  They have a lovely inspiration photo with gorgeous colors and textures.  After looking through my stamps I decided that To A Wild Rose would give me the look I was after for a nice floral card.


  I tried to match the colors as close I could from the inspiration photo and I think I came pretty close.  The background is the 2019-2021 In Color DSP collection.  I chose the Seaside Spray color in the scripty font pattern as there are some flowers in the vases that are a similar color.

  The oval Heirloom frame and embossing folder were used for the Very Vanilla embossed frame in which I layered my flowers around.  It kind of looks like the tray in the inspiration photo.

  The roses, leaves and sentiment were all stamped with the To A Wild Rose set.  I used the stamparatus to get my layers lined up just so.  I used only the 2nd and 3rd layers of the rose and left off the outline stamp so they would have softer edges.  The rose color combos are listed below in the supplies.

  Once I had my roses arranged I added a little bit of scalloped lace trim and the sentiment stamped in Seaside Spray and die cut with the Stitched So Sweetly dies.

 Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: To A Wild Rose

Ink: (flowers left to right) Blushing Bride/Rococo Rose, Pineapple Punch/Daffodil Delight, Petal Pink/Flirty Flamingo, flower centers: Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody sentiment: Seaside Spray leaves: Pear Pizzazz

Paper: In Color DSP: Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz

Accessories: Wild Rose dies, Heirloom Frames & embossing folders, scalloped lace trim, dimensionals


 

1 comment:

  1. I love those gorgeous blooms and the pretty script background! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along over at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!