Saturday, April 18, 2020

Chubby Chicken Hello - Stampin' Up! Walk This Way

  I'm joining in on the Freshly Made Sketches challenge today with another very old, very retired set; Walk This Way.  This is a set that I think was retired even before I started stamping back in the day and when I saw cards using it I just had to have it.  It was an eBay purchase that has continued to make the cut of being housed in my very small storage drawer for retired sets.  The animals always make me smile and I hope this chubby chicken does the same for whomever receives this card.

 

  How adorable is this little lady?  I had fun pulling together some bright cheerful colors and supplies that haven't seen much attention.

  The card base is Pool Party stamped with the All Wired Up background stamp.  Pretty fitting background for a farm animal.

  Next up is a piece of Bird Ballad DSP.  I've had trouble figuring out ways to use this pattern with the coordinating Free As A Bird stamp set.  The kind of goofy bird feet pattern and the more elegant images of the set just didn't seem to work together in my mind so I don't think I've used it at all in the almost year of owning the paper.  I think it works much better with this stamp.

  Next, I embossed the sentiment from Itty Bitty Greetings in black embossing on a strip of Poppy Parade.

  The chicken is stamped twice, once to colors with Blends and then cut out and the other directly onto the Stitched Shape circle die cut.  The fussy cut and colored image is popped right onto the circle with dimensionals.  I cut the feet off of the popped chicken so you can see the feet on the circle.  The interior of the circle has been colored in with Pool Party light Blends.  A little black baker's twine bow finishes off this bright, fresh farmyard hello card.

  I hope you all get some time to stamp over the weekend!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Walk This Way, (retired) All Wired Up, Itty Bitty Greetings

Ink: Memento Black, Pool Party, Versamark

Blends: Pool Party light, Ivory, Bronze, Poppy Parade light & dark

Paper: Pool Party, Whisper White, Poppy Parade, Bird Ballad DSP

Accessories: Stitched Shapes dies, black embossing powder, black baker's twine, dimensionals


1 comment:

  1. Darling card, darling chubby chicken! And such a great combination of colors and patterns. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!