Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Graduate Congrats - Stampin' Up! Check You Out

  Nothing much happening around here...when you don't leave the neighborhood for weeks on end interesting personal current events to talk about are few and far between!

  I'm still stamping almost daily and trying to participate in a lot of challenges.  The challenges really give me a nice place to start for a card; sometimes when you have so many supplies in front of you it's a bit overwhelming if you don't narrow your focus a bit.  The CAS(E) This Sketch challenge is a fun one this week with all of the elements towards the bottom of the card.  It took me a bit of time to look through my DSPs and stamps to see what would work.  I dug through my pile of card parts and found a bunch of stamped and cut out books leftover from this card from a few weeks back.  I thought they might work well and so I got to work.  And I gave myself a little pat on the back for using something from "the pile".


  I feel bad for high school seniors who aren't getting all of the traditional end of the year events and recognition's that they've maybe looked forward to for years.  I'm hoping to be able to send out a few more cards for high school "graduation" than I normally would otherwise.  I know a card doesn't replace things like prom or a graduation ceremony but the graduates should know that they and their accomplishments are still being celebrated just not the usual way!

  Really nothing out of the ordinary to note on this card except that the sentiment and graduation cap are embossed in black for a little pop.  Everything is popped on dimensionals including each book.  I had lots of dimensional backings blowing all over my stamp room!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Check You Out

Ink: Versamark, Poppy Parade, Granny Apple Green, Blueberry Bushel, Pineapple Punch

Paper: Blueberry Bushel, Pineapple Punch, Whisper White, Poppy Parade

Accessories: black embossing powder, Stitched Rectangles dies, Stitched Shapes dies, dimensionals


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!