Sunday, September 8, 2024

Iconic Home - Stampin' Up! Humble Home

   This is the first time I've inked up the Humble Home bundle besides using the tiny Merry Christmas sentiment on this card but that doesn't really count since I didn't use the adorable house stamp.  But I did on today's card and I love how it turned out.  It was touch and go at first as I wasn't quite sure how these colors were going to work but in the end it did.  The colors are from The Color Throwdown challenge to use Teal, Purple and Green.


  I started off with a Gorgeous Grape card base, then a layer of Summer Splash, then another of Gorgeous Grape stamped with the beautiful background stamp Falling Snow.  I used Versamark and white embossing powder to get the snowy background.

  I wrapped a bit of Iridescent Striped Trim just above the center line and then topped it with a label cut from the Iconic Imagery dies.  That nice white background is the base for the little scene.  The house is stamped in Memento black then colored with blends markers, punched out and adhered with dimensionals.  I stamped, colored and fussy cut the sweet little wreath and attached it above the door with a mini dimensional.

  The trees from the Iconic Imagery stamp set are made with the outline layer in Garden Green then filled with the 2 step stamp in stamped off once Granny Apple Green.  I die cut the trees then added them around the house with the 2 in the foreground also popped on dimensionals.  Look for the Iconic Imagery bundle in the Online Exclusives!

  The sentiment also comes from the Iconic Imagery set and I fussy cut the 'celebrate' and then embossed 'the season' on a strip of Summer Splash.  Both parts of the sentiment are adhered with dimensionals...so many dimensionals on this card! 

  To add some more sparkle along with the ribbon I  put 3 Iridescent Faceted gems around the sentiment.  I outlined parts of the house with clear Wink of Stella as well as the whole 'celebrate'.  You can't see it at all in the photo but it's a nice subtle shimmer I promise!

  I had a ton of fun creating this card and the colors worked better than I had imagined for this bright Christmas card!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

All of the products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

Stamps: Humble Home, Iconic Imagery (Online Exclusives), Falling Snow

Ink: Versamark, Memento Black, Garden Green, Granny Apple Green

Blends: Highland Heather dark, Granny Apple Green light & dark, Summer Splash dark, Crumb Cake light

Paper: Gorgeous Grape, Summer Splash, Basic White

Accessories: Iconic Imagery dies, Humble Home builder punch, dimensionals, Iridescent 1/2" striped trim, Iridescent Faceted Gems, white embossing powder



1 comment:

  1. Sweet card- love this scene!! So happy you joined us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!