Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Just a Note - Stampin' Up! Stamped with Love

 I had been planning on getting a few projects made at the end of last week so I would still have something to share over the weekend when I was busy and not in my stamp room creating but that didn't happen so it's been quiet here at Did You Stamp Today?  I was prepping for my monthly card class as well as watching a lot of football!  We watched our JMU team run right over UNC, then the Eagles were a nail biter as seems to be the case more often than not lately and we also watched the other kind of football when our son had a soccer game as well. Phew, no wonder there wasn't much time for stamping!  Anyway I have a clean and simple card to share today inspired by the Addicted to CAS challenge.


  The theme for the challenge is "Just a Note" so I pulled out the Simply Said stamp set as well as the Stamped with Love stamp set and put together this clean and simple card.

  The base is Pretty Peacock, then a layer of Lost Lagoon.  The letters and pen are stamped on a piece of Basic White in Memento black ink and then I used the Perennial Postage dies to cut a fun stamp edge as I thought it kind of went with the postal theme and echos the shape of the stamp on the letter.

  The image is colored with Blends markers and while it's hard to see I did outline the whole image with my light Smoky Slate marker to give a bit of a shadow look for some extra detail while not adding another layer to stick to the CAS element.

  I added 2 Rainbow Adhesive-Backed Dots in Fresh Freesia as the only embellishment. I know I should have left them off to be truly CAS but I need to use them where I can before my drawers are so stuff I can't open them lol!  I'm thinking they are a CAS embellishment since they aren't sparkly or faceted lol!

  All of the supplies used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

Stamps: Stamped with Love, Simply Said

Ink: Memento Black, Fresh Freesia (heart on the stamp)

Blends: Pretty Peacock light & dark, Gray Granite dark, Daffodil Delight dark, Lost Lagoon light, Pool Party light, Smoky Slate light

Paper: Pretty Peacock, Lost Lagoon, Basic White

Accessories: Perennial Postage dies, Rainbow Adhesive-Backed Dots, dimensionals



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!