Friday, September 20, 2024

Simple Copper Birthday - Stampin' Up! Simply Said

   I needed to send out a masculine birthday card this week and my stash was quite low on that particular theme so I decided to start the restock using the current Freshly Made Sketches challenge.  When I first saw the challenge all I could think of was a Christmas card but I challenged myself to come up with something different so I did.  I flipped the sketch on it's side to be able to use the long skinny sentiment and maybe make myself stop seeing Christmas trees!


  Photographing the metallic elements are the hardest thing about this card!  I tried to keep it all very sharp and clean so there isn't a fancy technique or even a lot of stamping.  The pops of copper are what I think draw the eye but my photography skills are lacking here!

  I used a Basic Beige base then embossed another layer of Basic Beige with the Dashing Designs embossing folder.  A band of Pretty Peacock goes across the panel




  I used the retired Stitched Triangle dies to cut what I began to think of as flags or banners.  I used a piece of Oxidized Copper Specialty paper which came out last year but is a carryover item that you can find in the Stampin' Up! online store.  It's gorgeous paper and perfect for this time of year!  The second flag is cut out of Copper Clay cardstock, also a perfect color for fall cards.  

  The sentiment is stamped in Versamark and embossed in copper embossing powder.  The flags are arranged on the card front to follow the sketch (just turned) with the Copper Clay flag popped on dimensionals.

  Copper sequins from the Neutrals Adhesive-Backed Sequins collection are added for a final touch.  I definitely need to make some more masculine birthday cards but I think this card is a good start!
  
  Thanks so much for looking!  Did you stamp today?

All of the current supplies used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

Stamps: Simply Said

Ink: Versamark

Paper: Basic Beige, Copper Clay, Oxidized Copper Specialty DSP (Online Only), Pretty Peacock

Accessories: Dashing Designs embossing folder, dimensionals, Neutrals Adhesive-Backed Sequins, Stitched Triangle dies (retired)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!