Thursday, September 12, 2024

Planted Thanks - Stampin' Up! Planted Paradise

   Every two weeks I post a challenge to my customer Facebook group to give everyone a little inspiration and see what others have made using either colors or layout.  Today I gave them a color challenge of Wild Wheat, Moody Mauve and Misty Moonlight.  Maybe hard colors for some, maybe a little easier if you have the Wildly Flowering DSP.  I like these colors together and even Wild Wheat used sparingly is growing on me.


  At first I was going to use a large panel of the Wildly Flowering DSP, add a sentiment and call it a day but in the spirit of an actual challenge I decided to try stretch myself a bit with the colors.  I pulled out the Planted Paradise which is a carryover set that I haven't used in while.  I thought I would try using the Wild Wheat for the plant and I think it turned out ok.

  The card base is Basic White thick and then a layer of Basic White on top embossed with the Dashing Designs embossing folder.

  I used the retired Tailor Made Tags die and a bit of the Wildly Flowering DSP in a Misty Moonlight linen pattern to make a tag.  The little eyelet reinforcer (or whatever that little circle is called lol!) is a bit of the Wild Wheat in the same kind of linen texture pattern.  I tied a linen thread bow and added it all to my card front.

 The pot is stamped in Moody Mauve and the leaves in Wild Wheat with the solid side of the stamp stamped off once for a lighter leaf.  The detail of the leaf is on the opposite side of the same stamp and I used full strength ink for that overstamping.  I fussy cut the pot and leaves and added them to the card front with dimensionals.  I added the little blue circles to the pot by cutting a few of the eyelet reinforcers out of the Misty Moonlight and using the tiny little off cuts from those shapes.

 Finally the sentiment is stamped from the Saying Hey stamp set is stamped in Misty Moonlight and die cut with one of the Unbounded Love dies.  I added a few Adhesive-backed Texture Dots and then popped it on dimensionals.

  I hope you were inspired by these colors and make a project of your own!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

All of the current products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

Stamps: Planted Paradise, Saying Hey

Ink: Wild Wheat, Moody Mauve, Misty Moonlight

Paper: Basic White thick, Basic White, Wildly Flowering DSP

Accessories: Linen thread, dimensionals, Unbounded Love dies, Tailor Made Tags dies (retired)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!