Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Big Balloon Birthday - Stampin' Up! Silly Goose

   I'm so excited to be joining the fabulous team at Color Throwdown today as a featured guest stamper.  My card from a previous challenge was highlighted so I get to join in this week's challenge!  It's such a thrill to join this talented group this week.

  Check out the fun colors we get to create with this time!


  Orange, Aqua, Lilac and Black which I translated into Stampin' Up! colors Pumpkin Pie, Tahitian Tide, Fresh Freesia and Basic Black.  I had to sit and ponder these for a bit but I'm pleased with what I came up with and the whole point of a challenge is to stretch ourselves a bit right?


  I combined the carryover stamp set Silly Goose with the brand new Beautiful Balloons dies.  Can you ever go wrong with a cute animal holding a giant balloon??

  The goose is stamped with the small balloon masked off and colored in with Stampin' Blends.  I extended the balloon string with a black Stampin' Write marker.

  The balloon is die cut from retired In Color Glimmer Paper in Tahitian Tide which gives this CAS card a nice bit of sparkle.  I used the confetti die across the center of the ballon and then used it once more with the challenge colors and then filled the pieces back in.  I popped it on dimensionals and added a baker's twine bow.  

  A narrow strip of retired Butterfly Kisses DSP adds a little bit more color to the bottom of the card and helps balance the big balloon up top.

  The sentiment from another new set, Zany Zoo is stamped in black.

  Thanks so much for having me Color Throwdown!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Silly Goose, Zany Zoo

Ink: Memento Black

Blends: Pumpkin Pie light, Fresh Freesia Light, Tahitian Tide dark, Gray Granite light

Paper: Basic Black, Basic White, Pumpkin Pie, Fresh Freesia, Tahitian Tide, 2022-2024 In Color Glimmer paper (retired), Butterfly Kisses DSP (retired)

Accessories: Beautiful Balloons dies, dimensionals, Black bakers twine



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!