Friday, April 28, 2023

Mauve Petals - Stampin' Up! Sentimental Park

  The Color Throwdown Team has a real challenge for me this week.  I'm not usually much of a pink person but they have Dusty Rose, Blush and White for their colors so I thought the new In Color Moody Mauve would work for the Dusty Rose shade and I hadn't used it yet and kind of needed a push.

  I used Petal Pink for the "blush" and hope it's close enough!


  I've pulled all my retiring stamps for my upcoming BOGO sale so I have a very small selection of current/carryover stamp sets to choose from and even fewer that I think would work with this color combo so I'm sticking with the obvious choice of flowers.

  I stamped the cluster of flowers all over the Moody Mauve card base.  I stamped the flowers and then cut some out in both colors and adhered them over a strip of retired organdy striped ribbon in Petal Pink which is adhered to a piece of vellum.  Some of the flowers are popped on dimensionals and others are glued flat.  Once all the flowers were in place I could put adhesive on the back of the vellum to adhere it to the card base.

  The sentiment from Go To Greetings is stamped in Moody Mauve and popped across the flowers.  I added some Petal Pink Polished Dots for a subtle detail.

  Funny thing on this card is that when I went to photograph it something just didn't look right and I decided the vellum was too severe with the straight even lines so I ended up tearing one side on an angle and that did the trick, the card just looked better to me!  So the lesson is that you shouldn't be afraid to change/add/alter something on a "completed" card if something feels off!

  Look for the new In Color Moody Mauve starting on May 2.  Other current items used on this card can be ordered HERE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Sentimental Park, Go To Greetings

Ink: Moody Mauve

Paper: Moody Mauve, Petal Pink, Basic White, vellum

Accessories: Sentimental Park dies, dimensionals, Polished Dots, striped organdy ribbon (retired)



2 comments:

  1. Ooo, I like your torn vellum. What a cool layout. And great use of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You card is stunning and the colors are perfect! Thanks for joining us this week at the Color Throwdown Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!