Saturday, May 6, 2023

Birthday Ballerina - Stampin' Up! Zany Zoo

   I'm working furiously to get samples made for my upcoming new catalog open house and BOGO retirement sale (if you're local to me in the Richmond, VA area RSVP by Wed. if you want to come!) and I am using all my favorite challenges to help me out.  The challenges give me a starting place for a card instead of starting from scratch and makes it much faster at least for me.

  For my card today I used the Color Hues challenge of Hot Pink and Cyan which I translated to Melon Mambo and Tahitian Tide and a dose of black as a neutral.


  The card base is Melon Mambo, then a layer of Basic White with the edges roughed up for texture and topped with a piece of Zoo Crew DSP.  I created the little stage with Tahitian Tide and another piece Zoo Crew DSP and the Zany Zoo dies and Stylish Shapes circle die.  A nice little place for the ballerina to show off.  She's stamped and colored with Blends and then die cut and popped on dimensionals over a strip of Basic Black.

  The sentiment is stamped then cut out with the banner die in the Zany Zoo dies.  I trimmed it down a bit to better fit the space.

  The final touches are the metallic woven ribbon bow and the enamel stars on the stage curtains.

  To purchase any of the current items on this card you can shop in my ONLINE STORE.

Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Zany Zoo

Ink: Memento Black

Blends: Melon Mambo light & dark, SU400, Color Lifter

Paper: Melon Mambo, Tahitian Tide, Basic Black, Zoo Crew DSP, Basic White

Accessories: Zany Zoo dies, Stylish Shapes dies, dimensionals, Metallic Woven ribbon, enamel stars (retired)



4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous setting you've created for this cute ballerina! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you joined us at Color Hues, Amanda! The sweet ballerina looks great on the stage you've designed. Have fun with your event!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that we could inspire you to create this fun card, love ballerina bear! Thanks for being inspired by the Color Hues. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a show stopper! Love the ballerina and the stage background you created for it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!