Monday, May 8, 2023

Celebrate You - Stampin' Up! Zany Zoo

   My weekend was completely filled with soccer games so the stamping time was very limited.  Luckily I made a few cards on Friday to be able to share until I could get back in the stamp room.  I only ordered 3 bundles from the demo pre-order and I'm waiting to place another order until after my retirement BOGO sale because I need to make room before I can add anything new!  So you're stuck with seeing a limited amount of new things from the annual catalog until then.  Hopefully you'll see lots of idea from the new sets I do have!

  Have you noticed how much I'm using Zany Zoo??  The animals are just so cute and because there are so many of them they lend themselves to a lot of different color combinations.  For my card today I used the Color Throwdown colors and at first I thought about balloons or flowers but then I thought that the alligator/crocodile on the bike would be so cute!


  I ended up using the just retired Soft Succulent Blends to color in the alligator because none of the current greens fit the challenge of sage green but you use what you have on hand and make the best of it.

  The card base is I think my favorite of the brand new colors, Lemon Lolly.  It's just such a bright fresh yellow.  I used a piece of the new Bright & Beautiful DSP which shows off all of the new/returning colors except for Pecan Pie.  It's a great pack to get to have a bit of paper to go with all the colors.  I used the scallop edge die from Zany Zoo dies on the DSP and then backed it with Basic White.

  I dug through my old ribbon and found a bit of retired Early Espresso seam binding ribbon and wrapped that around the DSP panel before adhering.  

  The image is stamped in Memento Black, then colored in with Blends markers, die cut and then popped on dimensionals.  The sentiment is stamped in Early Espresso just above the DSP panel.

  The flower accents are cut with dies from the Zany Zoo dies and added to the card front with dimensionals.  I used my Lemon Lolly Blends marker to color a few rhinestones for the flower center and then one retired Fine Sparkle Adhesive-backed gem for the third one.  

  You can shop for current products used on this card in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Zany Zoo

Ink: Memento Black, Early Espresso

Blends: Flirty Flamingo light & dark, Lemon Lolly light & dark, Basic Black dark Crumb Cake dark, SU100, Soft Succulent light & dark (retired)

Paper: Lemon Lolly, Basic White, Flirty Flamingo, Bright & Beautiful DSP

Accessories: Zany Zoo dies, dimensionals, gems, rhinestones, Early Espresso seam binding ribbon (retired)



1 comment:

  1. oh CUTE - thanks for playing along with me for the CTD challenge this week! ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!