Friday, March 10, 2023

Zesty Birthday - Stampin' Up! Sweet Citrus

   Today's card is a bright cheerful birthday card to bring a little bit of color to this cold wet day here in the RVA.  After a few sunny but colder days this week today is wet and cold so these bright lemons will at least make your computer or phone screen a little more cheerful!

  I used the Global Design Project challenge of caseing a card by the designer Kim Fee for my layout.  The open DSP ring allows more of the watercolored background to show through which is a fun design feature and I turned the layout to be a landscape orientation instead of portrait because I need a little more room for the longer sentiment banner.


   My color combo for this card was inspired by a color palette Stampin' Up! recently shared as inspiration.  They had used Crushed Curry but I swapped it out for Daffodil Delight for a brighter yellow for my lemons.  The other colors; Starry Sky, Crumb Cake and Coastal Cabana are used as well.

  I started with a Coastal Cabana base, then a layer of Shimmery White cardstock embossed with the Sweet Citrus embossing folder.  I then watercolored the raised embossed images with my water painters and reinkers.

  The open ring is made with a piece of Dandy Designs DSP and 2 of the Stylish Shapes circle dies.  I popped it up with dimensionals then added 2 stamped and die cut lemons and some leaves on one side.

  The sentiment is stamped in Starry Sky ink and then the end is flagged.  It's tucked just under the inside of the ring and adhered with mini dimensionals.

  The final detail is a linen thread bow added just under the lemons.

  If you haven't checked out the Sweet Citrus bundle yet don't wait; it makes such cute cards and you can do all the different citrus fruit just by changing up the ink colors.  See an orange card, lemon card, and a grapefruit card.  Looks like I should put a lime card on my to do list!!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Sweet Citrus

Ink: Daffodil Delight, Coastal Cabana, Crumb Cake and Starry Sky

Paper: Coastal Cabana, Shimmery White cardstock, Basic White, Dandy Designs DSP (SAB retired)

Accessories: Sweet Citrus Hybrid embossing folder/dies, Stylish Shapes dies, dimensionals, linen thread



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!