Friday, March 24, 2023

Mountain Camping - Stampin' Up! Greatest Journey Dies

 It's time to go camping!!  No, not really....I'm not a big fan of camping.  I love the outdoors and hiking and being in the woods but the whole logistics of packing everything and planning for food etc. is too much trouble when you can just rent a cabin and get to do all the fun outdoors stuff and still have running water and a refrigerator right there.  So all you campers go crazy but after doing it a number of times I just don't think it's for me!  

  But I'll make a camping card for sure!  I'm using The Color Hues challenge for my palette.  They got us using Blue and Turquoise.  I choose to use Night of Navy and Bermuda Bay and Coastal Cabana to create this scene.


  I started with a Night of Navy base then added a piece of Enjoy the Journey DSP in a fun night sky pattern.  The color listed for this is Starry Sky but Night of Navy definitely matches better.  Using the mountain/hill die in the Greatest Journey die set I cut a mountain peak in Night of Navy and then blended some of the same color ink onto the edge to darken it even more.  I colored the edge with Clear Wink of Stella for some nighttime sparkle.

  I positioned the mountain inside a Basic White frame made with the Stitched Rectangle dies.  I added a Basic White moon also colored with Wink of Stella.

  For the hiker I cut 2, one each in Bermuda Bay and Coastal Cabana and then trimmed the backpack and lantern from the Coastal Cabana hiker and glued them to the Bermuda Bay hiker.  I also added a tiny piece of Basic White on the backside of the lantern so it appears lit.  The lantern has more Wink of Stella. Both the tent and hiker are popped on dimensionals.

  I left a sentiment off the card front as I didn't want to cover up any of the elements and I liked the balance and didn't want to throw that off.  I added a happy birthday sentiment on the inside.

  All of the items used for this card can be found in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: none

Ink: Night of Navy

Paper: Night of Navy, Basic White, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Enjoy the Journey DSP

Accessories: Enjoy the Journey dies, Stitched Rectangle dies, Wink of Stella, dimensionals



4 comments:

  1. I'm not a camping fan either Amanda (I don't like bugs!!), but I sure am a fan of your card!! The blue and turquoise color palette worked perfectly for this delightful card! I'm loving all the Wink of Stella too...really makes this card POP! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues Challenge! Marcia (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea with the colors, Amanda! I love your mountain hill and how it sparkles. As far as camping, we did it a lot when our son was young but now I prefer all the comforts of home in a cabin. In fact, we are headed to Yosmite in May and we are renting a cabin with all the comforts of home. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, this is such a great design with these colors! I LOVE the sparkle on the hill and the starry sky. And adding the white behind the lantern was so clever! I spent many, many years tent camping in the Pacific Northwest but now I lean towards renting cabins whenever possible lol! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! http://colorhuesthecolorchallenge.blogspot.com/2023/04/winners-60-blue-and-turquoise.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!