Friday, March 17, 2023

Tea Hello - Stampin' Up! Cup of Tea

   In the frenzy to make sure I used limited time only mini catalog products I tend to forget stamp sets in Annual Catalog which have a longer sales period.  The Cup of Tea bundle hasn't seen much ink the last few months and I decided it was time to change that once I saw the fun spring-like colors that The Paper Players were using this week.  I'm getting in under the wire sharing this card...I really must plan my blog posts better!  Daffodil Delight, Tahitian Tide, Granny Apple Green and White are just such happy colors and I tried to make a happy card with them.


  I haven't made a square card in ages and the little tea cup just seemed like it needed a square layout.  I started with a Basic White thick base to make a 4.25" square card.  I embossed a square panel with the Cane Weave embossing folder for the card front.

  I backed a piece of Tea Boutique DSP with some Daffodil Delight as a base for the cup and flowers.  The cup is stamped in Tahitian Tide, the greenery in Granny Apple Green and the flowers in Daffodil Delight.  After die cutting them all I adhered each piece with dimensionals.

  The hello from Biggest Wish is stamped in Basic Gray (I like this neutral sometimes in place of black as it's a bit softer and less bold to go better with certain color combos) and then fussy cut.  It's also adhered with a dimensional.

  The final touches are a bakers twine bow and a tiny brass butterfly on one of the flowers.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Cup of Tea, Biggest Wish

Ink: Tahitian Tide, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Basic Gray

Paper: Basic White thick, Basic White, Daffodil Delight, Tea Boutique DSP

Accessories: Teacup Dies, Cane Weave embossing folder, dimensionals, bakers twine, Brushed Brass Butterfly



2 comments:

  1. So nice to see you in the gallery, especially with this sweet cup of flowers! Terrific way to use my colors---thanks for playing with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your teacup card is just lovely. It was a great choice for this color combination. Thanks for taking part in The Paper Players color challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!