Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Birthday Stripes - Stampin' Up! Greatest Journey

   For this week's Testosterone Tuesday card (aka A Guy Card!) I've got a really easy design that can be adapted to lots of color combos and themes depending on the guy you're designing for.  For my colors I was inspired by the mood board over at Just Us Girls Challenge.  I loved the photo with the green and yellow crayons laid out in a striped pattern and used that in paper form to make the background of my card.


  I pulled out all of my greens and a few yellows and played around for a few minutes to see which ones played nicely together.  I put away a few greens that just didn't jive and then got to work.  I dug through my scraps of each color and pulled out 1/2" wide pieces and then just began tearing them at different lengths and then adhering them to the card front repeating the pattern until I covered the whole edge. So not only do you end up with a cool guy card but you can feel virtuous by using up some smaller scraps!

  This color grouping made me think of summer with all the trees and other plants being green so I stamped a set of trees from Greatest Journey in Garden Green and then added them to a Stylish Shapes circle embossed with the birthday greeting from Best Day stamp set.  A quick change of sentiment and this would make a great Father's Day card as well. Both pieces are popped on dimensionals onto the card front.

  I added a few retired candy dots and a bakers twine bow to finish up the details.  I think this will be a great birthday card for the summer months for a guy who loves the outdoors.  And after finishing this design it really made me think of a vintage 70s t-shirt; you know the ones with the stripes across the chest?  Anyway.....it was a fun challenge and now my guy birthday card stash is plus one!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Best Day, Greatest Journey

Ink: Versamark, Garden Green

Paper: Basic White thick, Basic White, Mossy Meadow, Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz, Granny Apple Green, Garden Green, Crushed Curry, Daffodil Delight

Accessories: Stylish Shapes dies, Greatest Journey dies, dimensionals, Black embossing powder, candy dots (retired), baker's twine (retired)



3 comments:

  1. Amanda, I really like this "rustic" look...definitely a great guy card! I like our take on our moodboard at Just Us Girls! So glad you joined us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda... love the ripped, striped border... so amazingly effective! Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Amanda - that border is fabulous, so eye-catching! I knew as soon as I saw it where you'd taken your inspo from; a great way to use up scraps too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!