Wednesday, March 15, 2023

80th Petal Wreath - Stampin' Up! Petal Park

   My mother in law asked me recently to make a special 80th birthday card for her to give to a friend so I got busy using the Petal Park and Sentimental Park stamp sets.  I think these 2 sets have been my most used so far in this mini catalog.  I had fun building up a wreath shape with stamped and die cut flowers.


  I chose bright spring-like colors as they seemed perfect for a celebration of a milestone birthday this time of year.  The Cane Weave embossing folder gives a nice texture to the Basic White background.

  I pulled out some REALLY old dies to make the '80'.  The other number dies I had just weren't the right size.  The long retired Bigz Alphabet Typeset dies have been in my closet for years and are rarely used but they were such an investment back in the day I just can't get rid of them!  And sometimes like for this card I'm really glad I let them continue to take up precious closet space.  I used some retired Bermuda Bay glimmer paper for a nice bling-y centerpiece to the florals.

  The number are popped on dimensionals on a large die cut circle which gave me a nice base to arrange the flowers and helped keep everything nice and round.

  After everything was adhered I added a few sequins and white matte dots to accent a few of the flowers.  I also added a tiny ribbon knot in a thin shimmer ribbon...it's either Bermuda Bay or Coastal Cabana...I can't quite tell as it's not a perfect match to either and there are not markings on the roll since I think it was a 3 pack Sale-a-Bration reward at some point.  

  This was a fun card to put together and used up some small bits of cardstock for all the die cut flowers which is always a bonus!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Petal Park, Sentimental Park

Ink: Fresh Freesia, Daffodil Delight, Polished Pink, Granny Apple Green

Paper: Fresh Freesia, Basic White, Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay, Polished Pink, Bermuda Bay Glimmer paper (retired)

Accessories: Cane Weave Embossing folder, Petal Park punch, Sentimental Park dies, dimensionals, Stylish Shapes dies, Bigz Alphabet Typeset dies (retired), sequins, white matte dots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!