Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Spring Rain - Stampin' Up! Playing in the Rain

   I've a "spring is on the way" card today!  The Playing in the Rain bundle is just so cute with the adorable animals and all the "accessories" dies to create sweet scenes.  I ended up not using any of the dies on this card and just focused on the fox taking his little walk in a spring rain storm.


  I love these colors as a change from spring pastels; these are bright colors but the white keeps them from overpowering the image.

  The card starts first with a panel of Basic White embossed with the Raindrops embossing folder.  then I used my Balmy Blue light Blends marker to color each raindrop. Be careful here as the paper absorbs the ink very quickly and can easily spread further than than the embossed bit.  I just lightly touched the brush tip to the embossing and that's all that I needed to get them colored.

  After adhering the embossed panel to the the card front I die cut some Stylish Shapes circles in Daffodil Delight, Sweet Sorbet and Balmy Blue and added them to opposite corners.

  Next I stamped the fox in Memento black on Basic White and colored him with Blends markers then cut him out with a larger Stylish Shapes circle die.  The big circle is popped on dimensionals in the center of the card overlapping the smaller circles slightly.

  The sentiment is stamped and fussy cut and popped up in the corner.  I highlighted it with a single Sweet Sorbet Matte Decorative Dot to continue to draw the eye all the way down the card on the diagonal.

  Definitely check out the Playing in the Rain bundle if you're in the mood for some cute animal scenes for your spring cards!  If you're looking for a Stampin' Up! demonstrator I'm happy to help you out!  To shop my online store click on the shopping bag in my sidebar or HERE

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Playing in the Rain

Ink: Memento Black

Blends: Balmy Blue light, Sweet Sorbet light & dark, Daffodil Delight light & dark, Cajun Craze light & dark

Paper: Basic White, Sweet Sorbet, Balmy Blue, Daffodil Delight

Accessories: Raindrops embossing folder, Stylish Shapes dies, dimensionals, Matte Decorative Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!