Thursday, November 10, 2022

Watercolor Flurry - Stampin' Up! Joyful Flurry

   I made this Christmas card several months ago when it was still hot and humid in my neck of the woods and it just wasn't Christmas card sharing season yet.  And then it got buried at the bottom of my "to share" folder.  Even though it hit 70 today and a tropical storm is on its way I guess it's time to share it before I run out of "days before Christmas".


  This was one of the first cards I made using the Joyful Flurry bundle and while I'm not 100% all in on this color combo taken from the catalog I can say that I love the the dies and and the beautiful snowflake images.

  The colors are used on samples on page 23 of the July-Dec. catalog and were a different color combo to try for Christmas. Pool Party, Shaded Spruce, Blushing Bride and Petal Pink.

  I started with a Pool Party base and then used the dies to cut the snowflakes into a piece of Shimmery White cardstock.  Then I used the water painter to "watercolor" ink over the snowflakes to make them pop.

  The sentiment is embossed in white on a Shaded Spruce Stylish Shapes circle. It's then popped up with dimensionals over a piece of Iridescent Trim.  

  I added a stamped and die cut Pool Party snowflake to the top edge and a small Blushing Bride snowflake to the bottom edge as well as a few Adhesive Backed stars.

  Looking forward to seasonally appropriate weather so sharing Christmas cards doesn't feel so out of place!!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Joyful Flurry

Ink: Versamark, Blushing Bride, Pool Party, Petal Pink

Paper: Pool Party, Shimmery White, Shaded Spruce, Blushing Bride

Accessories: Frosted Flurry Dies, Stylish Shapes dies, dimensionals, adhesive backed stars, Iridescent trim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!