Thursday, November 3, 2022

Classic Christmas Cheer - Stampin' Up! Christmas Season

   The Christmas Season stamp set carried over from last year's July-Dec. mini catalog into the 2022-2023 Annual Catalog and it is what I would consider a classic Christmas set.  With berries, greenery and pinecones it is definitely a set that make gorgeous Christmas and winter cards in that traditional style.  I loved this set last year and I was so glad that it carried over.  

  I think I made this card for several long since closed challenges a few weeks back and I couldn't even tell you what the challenges were!  I love the rustic feel of this card with the use of the wood paper and the rich Christmas colors.


  The card front is a piece of Festive Foils Specialty paper and it has a very subtle snowflake/star pattern that is a great detail but doesn't distract from the focal elements.  The piece of wood grain paper is from the retired In Good Taste DSP.  I backed that with a layer of Evening Evergreen which goes so well with Cherry Cobbler.

  I stamped all the different pieces and arranged them to be tucked just behind the Christmas Cheer sentiment from the Sweet Candy Canes set that was die cut with a Stylish Shapes circle.  A piece of retired scalloped lace trim is added for more detail.  A few enamel dots that were left from a really old Paper Pumpkin kit are added to the sentiment.

  I love that this card is a mix of new (the Specialty Paper), old but current (the Christmas Season stamp set) and retired the In Good Taste DSP and lace trim.  Now if only I had a stamp room big enough to keep all of the retired things every year!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Christmas Season, Sweet Candy Canes

Ink: Evening Evergreen, Soft Succulent, Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake

Paper: Festive Foils Specialty Paper, Evening Evergreen, Very Vanilla, In Good Taste DSP (retired)

Accessories: Stylish Shapes dies, Seasonal Labels dies, dimensionals, enamel dots (retired), lace trim (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!