Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Fresh Look Tools - Stampin' Up! Vintage Tools

   Should I start a series of guy cards called Testosterone Tuesday?  At least for today it's all about the masculine card!  It can sometimes be hard to find creative ideas for guy cards with all the floral and cutesy stuff out there.  I admit that I also sometimes struggle to come up with what I think are well designed cards for the guys in my life.  Sometimes it all starts with a good color combination!

  I designed this card for my last Quick & Easy card class.  It starts with this fresh set of colors; Starry Sky, Smoky Slate and Pumpkin Pie.  Paired up with the Vintage Tool set I think it ends up being a fun birthday or special day card for men.


  This design starts with a Starry Sky card base.  I arranged most of the tool stamps from the set onto an 'E' block to create a small collage background and then stamped it all over the card front in Starry Sky ink.

  To create the triangle I first cut a 3.5" square of Smoky Slate and then cut diagonally to end up with 2 triangles.  The long edge is covered with a length of Pumpkin Pie glitter washi tape.

  The tools are stamped again onto a Stylish Shapes circle and then popped up with dimensionals.  The sentiment is stamped in Pumpkin Pie and trimmed down to a flagged end and is also popped on dimensionals.  

  The final details are the Starry Sky twine bow and the Starry Sky Matte Decorative dot.

  I'm glad I made a few of these to keep for myself when my brain is stuck for the next guy card idea!  Maybe doing a Testosterone Tuesday isn't such a bad idea; it might help me build up my card stash a bit!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Vintage Tools

Ink: Starry Sky, Pumpkin Pie

Paper: Starry Sky, Smoky Slate, Basic White

Accessories: Stylish Shapes dies, Pumpkin Pie Glitter washi tape, dimensionals, Matte Decorative dots, baker's twine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!