Friday, November 18, 2022

Spruce & Purple Christmas - Stampin' Up! Spruced Up

   Today's card uses a color combo I had written down a while back to try 'someday.'  Highland Heather, Fresh Freesia and Shaded Spruce (and I threw in some retired Just Jade because the DSP just worked out!).  I thought eventually I would have a good idea for it.  I hadn't used the ornament stamps in the Shaded Spruce set very much so I wanted to give them a try and these colors seemed like a good match.

  I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches for my layout.  I hope it's fresh enough!


  The base is Shaded Spruce, then another layer of Shaded Spruce embossed with the Whimsical Woodland embossing folder.  I splattered it with bit of white craft ink.  I just put a few drops of reinker in a shallow dish and then dripped a few drops of water from a waterpainter into the dish to thin the mixture a bit.  Then I loaded up the brush tip and tapped the barrel of the waterpainter to flick the drops across the panel.  I set it aside to dry while I did the rest of the card.

  I pulled the DSP strips from the retired Penguin Playmates DSP from last year as well as a strip of Highland Heather cardstock. 

  The large ornament is stamped in Highland Heather and then die cut.  I cut a second shape in Gold Glimmer paper to frame it out.  

 The 'Merry' from Christmas to Remember is stamped in Versamark then embossed with gold on Just Jade cardstock.  I cut it out as well as a second Gold Glimmer paper one with the matching die.

  Both ornaments are added to the card front with dimensionals.  White crinkled seam binding ribbon fork bows (see the tutorials tab on the sidebar to learn how to make a fork bow) are added to the tops and some Elegant Faceted gems are sprinkled across the card front as well.

  Keep working on those Christmas cards!  Plenty of time left to get them made!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Spruced Up, Christmas To Remember

Ink: Highland Heather, Versamark, white craft

Paper: Shaded Spruce, Basic White, Gold Glimmer, Just Jade (retired), Highland Heather, Penguin Playmates DSP (retired)

Accessories: Spruced Up Outlines dies, Whimsical Woodland embossing folder, gold embossing powder, dimensionals, crinkled seam binding ribbon, Elegant Faceted gems



1 comment:

  1. I love the colors and the texture you've added for those beautiful ornaments! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!