Monday, September 4, 2023

Soft Autumn Birthday - Stampin' Up! Autumn Leaves

   I was lacking a bit of stamping mojo the other day and the ideas just weren't translating to the cardstock like I wanted them too so I cleaned up my desk and decided to keep it simple and do a few challenges to get back on track.  I decided to combine 2 challenges for even less decision making! I used the CASE the Designer challenge at Inspire.Create Challenge and the colors from TGIF Challenges.  


  I started this design with a Crumb Cake base, then a layer of Blackberry Bliss and then a layer of Very Vanilla cut with a Deckled Rectangle die.  I did all the stamping around the edge of the Very Vanilla piece and stamped off once for each image to get a lighter version of the leaves.  

  Then I had a happy accident, as sometimes happens when stamping, my Blackberry Bliss ink must be a bit old because it wasn't drying very fast so when I went to blend some Pool Party ink around the stamped leaves it smudged a bit which I ended up liking even though it wasn't intended!  I think it softens the look even more but note to self to maybe order a new pad!

  Next I dug through some retired DSP to find a piece in Pool Party which took way longer than I thought it would and came up with this piece from the Pattern Party DSP in a polka dot pattern.  I cut a banner with the Stylish Shapes dies and then topped it with a circle cut from the same die set with the Happy Birthday stamped in Blackberry Bliss.  The sentiment is from the Beautiful Balloons stamp set.

  I popped the whole thing on dimensionals and added a linen twine bow and a retired Crumb Cake enamel dot.

  Not sure if this card ended my stampers block but it turned out cute and is a finished project which is more than I can say for some other attempts this weekend!

  All current products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.  Items marked with a * will be available for purchase started September 6, 2023.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Autumn Leaves*, Beautiful Balloons

Ink: Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Blackberry Bliss

Paper: Crumb Cake, Blackberry Bliss, Very Vanilla, Pattern Party DSP (retired)

Accessories: Deckled Rectangle dies, Stylish Shapes dies, dimensionals, linen thread, enamel dot (retired)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!