Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Snowflake Christmas Wreath - Stampin' Up! Wishes All Around

 I always like to throw in some non-traditional Christmas colors when designing for my classes.  I love some red and green and gold but I also love some bright unexpected colors on a Christmas card.  I used some of those colors on this snowflake wreath card.


  The base is Coastal Cabana with another piece of Coastal Cabana that is embossed with the Snowflake Sky embossing folder.  I made the embossed image stand out even more by dragging my white craft ink pad over the embossing.  If you try this be very gentle and try not to press down too hard or you'll get a white splotch.

  Next, using a piece of Shimmery White I blended Pool Party, Highland Heather and Berry Burst ink across it randomly.  Then I spritzed water on the panel with a Stampin' Spritzer and blotted it up with a paper towel.  This technique leaves a nice variegated look and adds a bit of visual texture.  Using a heat tool I made sure my panel was dried before die cutting the wreath and a few extra snowflakes.  

 Tip for intricate dies like this snowflakes and wreath: For my die cutter I use a thin cardboard shim on top of my cutting plates when cutting dies like this (I used the cardboard that comes in the DSP packs) and run it back and forth through the machine several times.  I always get good results doing this and all the little bits and pieces release easily.  Sometimes you just need a tighter sandwich to get all the cut crisp and clean.

  The wreath and individual snowflakes are adhered with glue dots.  The Berry Burst sentiment banner is embossed in white and has a bit of Iridescent ribbon added to the back for some shimmer (swap out a different sentiment if you need a thank you for after Christmas or a birthday sentiment for those winter celebrations).  The banner is popped on dimensionals.  A little more shimmer is added to the single snowflakes with a few adhesive-backed glitter sequins.

  All of the products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Wishes All Around

Ink: Versamark, Pool Party, Highland Heather, Berry Burst, white craft

Paper: Coastal Cabana, Shimmery White, Berry Burst

Accessories: Wishes All Around dies, blending brushes, Stampin' Spritzer, white embossing powder, dimensionals, Iridescent ribbon, adhesive-backed glitter sequins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!