Thursday, September 14, 2023

Bright Christmas Bulbs - Stampin' Up! Merry & Bright

   Since I've shared some fall cards the last few days it was time to get a Christmas design in the mix. Christmas will be here before I know it and I need to get cracking on some Christmas cards so I have enough for every one on my list.  

  Freshly Made Sketches challenge always has a great layout and this week is no exception!  The 3 circle elements turned into Christmas light on my card but I think it works!


  I kept the background clean and simple so the brighter colors of the light bulbs would pop so I embossed a piece of Basic White with the Snowflake Sky embossing folder.  I added even more texture with a narrow strip of white Textured Shimmer paper.  

  The bulbs are stamped in Tahitian Tide, Flirty Flamingo and Lemon Lime Twist and the bases are stamped in Garden Green.  Once they were die cut I cut a "wire" and strung my bulbs along it and adhered it to the card front with dimensionals.

  The sentiment is stamped in Garden Green and cut out and then popped on dimensionals.  A little shine was added with some Pastel adhesive backed sequins.  The catalog lists the color as Balmy Blue but my pack definitely matches Tahitian Tide better.

  If you'd like to make your own version of this card you can get all the supplies in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Merry & Bright

Ink: Tahitian Tide, Flirty Flamingo, Lemon Lime Twist, Garden Green

Paper: Basic White thick, Basic White, Textured Shimmer paper, Garden Green

Accessories: Snowflake Sky embossing folder, Merry & Bright dies, dimensionals, pastel adhesive backed sequins



3 comments:

  1. Very fun card! I love those bright Christmas lights and the sentiment is perfect! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Christmas lights are perfect for the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all things Christmas, and this card is no exception. It's a perfect take on the sketch. Makes me want to bring out the Christmas music and start stamping.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!