Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Rich Autumn Colors - Stampin' Up! Autumn Leaves

   So many of my favorite challenges are gearing up for autumn with wonderful challenges using gorgeous fall colors or leaves or pumpkins and all the rest of the fun seasonal elements we love designing with.  My friends over at The Paper Players have a color challenge that just has fall written all over it!  

  We are to use Copper Clay, Wild Wheat, Pretty Peacock, Pebbled Path and any color of your choice and I added Copper and Vanilla is my neutral.  I am so glad to have 3 of the 5 In Colors in this grouping!  I'm a seasonal stamper and tend to only use certain colors seasonally and this set of In Colors when first introduced to us in the spring definitely seemed more fall like to me so didn't get used a whole lot until recently.  


  See what I'm saying!? Great colors for fall!  I used the the All About Autumn Suite to make this richly colored and textured card.

  This starts with a Copper Clay base, then a layer of Very Vanilla is stamped with leaves in 3 of the challenge colors.  I stamped off once for each image for a lighter version in the background.  After I was finished stamping I used the Distressed Tile embossing folder to give the texture.

  Next I adhered a length of Natural ribbon to the card front using Tear & Tape (it holds ribbon really well where snail might not be strong enough longterm or glue might seep through).  Each leaf is then stamped again in full strength ink and die cut.  I added the veining/stem to the Pretty Peacock leaf using Oxidized Copper Specialty paper which gives the card a nice little shiny accent.

  Then the leaves are arranged under the stamped and punched sentiment which is popped up on dimensionals.  Since I didn't use a lot of Pebbled Path (or any really besides the sentiment) I added a bit more with an In Color dot on the sentiment circle.  And that's a wrap for this design!

  All of the products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Autumn Leaves

Ink: Copper Clay, Wild Wheat, Pretty Peacock, Pebbled Path, Oxidized Copper Specialty paper

Paper: Copper Clay, Very Vanilla

Accessories: Autumn Leaves dies, Distressed Tile embossing folder, Copper & Natural Ribbon combo pack, 2023-2025 In Colors dots, circle punch/die, dimensionals  



4 comments:

  1. I love the embossed panel with the secon generation inked leaves!!! Stunning! Thanks for playing over at The Paper Players Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I love the gorgeous background with the more muted take on the colors and then pop of saturated colors for the focal point. Fabulous take on the colors. Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players this week and for rocking my colorss
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. An absolutely gorgeous fall card, Amanda! I love the stamped and embossed background you created. It is the perfect backdrop for the rich focal point. This sentiment is one of my favorites. I am so glad you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The embossed background of soft leaves makes a fabulous background for the bolder ones clustered around your sentiment - so perfect for fall! Great job Amanda - thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!