Monday, August 7, 2023

Soaring Celebration - Stampin' Up! Beautiful Balloons Dies

   I loved the colors they are playing with over at The Color Hues Challenge; Teal and Orange.  But I can't say that I feel terribly successful with my attempt lol!  But I used a mix of current and retired products so it's always a win to use something that was tucked away for a "just in case" situation!  


  This one starts with a Basic White thick card base.  Then I die cut a piece of retired Enjoy the Journey DSP with the newer Patchwork Pieces dies.  I put the pieces back together onto a slightly larger piece of Basic Black.

  Using the Beautiful Balloon dies and some retired Bermuda Bay Glimmer paper I cut a balloon and popped it with dimensionals on the card front.  I added a black bakers twine string and a tag stamped with a sentiment from the retired Itty Bitty Birthdays set.  A few matte black dots are added just because I didn't know where else to go with this one lol!  Sometimes you've just got to call it when it seems finished even if you don't feel that it is finished!

  All of the current products used to make this card can be found in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Itty Bitty Birthdays (retired)

Ink: Memento Black

Paper: Basic White thick, Basic White, Basic Black, Enjoy the Journey DSP (retired), Bermuda Bay Glimmer paper (retired)

Accessories: Beautiful Balloons dies, Patchwork Pieces dies, Tailor Made Tags dies, dimensionals, black bakers twine, matte black dots (retired)



5 comments:

  1. It's a great CAS birthday card! I don't think it needed anything else. The glittery balloon just pops off the orange background with the subtle texture. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Karen: your card is lovely as is! The sparkly balloon and orange background compliment one another perfectly. Thank you for joining us at Colour Hues.
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh! I love this! Your black accents really make this pop (pun intended...hahaha!) And I love the background texture. Thanks so much for playing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool, Amanda! Your creativity is so inspiring! Thanks for playing along at Color Hues, I apologize for my late comment as I was unplugging a bit while on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a FUN birthday card! Love the CAS design and fabulous use of the colors! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!