Friday, August 4, 2023

Birds in Circles - Stampin' Up! Bird's Eye View

   My card today was a challenge for sure as I didn't really have many supplies that fit within the parameters!  Addicted to CAS is having us work with "shapes" this time.  And being that it has to stay clean and simple (CAS) makes it even more of a challenge!  I didn't have any stamp sets with a shape to even get me to a starting point.  After thinking on it for a bit while I was tidying up the stamp room it came to me!  


  I dug around in my files and found a circle stencil I had made for another project and used that to lightly blend my colors onto a piece of Basic White cardstock.  I used Daffodil Delight, Parakeet Party and Balmy Blue.  Next I embossed in black 3 of the birds from the Bird's Eye View stamp set.  The raised detail is a nice touch when you are making a CAS card but don't want it to be too flat.

  After the embossing I darkened the wings on each bird with the match Stampin' Blends marker.  I added the very brief and simple "hi" from the Just My Type stamp set and then rounded the corners and adhered the panel to a Basic White thick card base.  I didn't make this one a one layer card since the Blends markers would bleed through a bit and I didn't want that to be seen on the inside of the card if it was one layer.

  All of the current products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Bird's Eye View, Just My Type

Ink: Versamark, Daffodil Delight, Parakeet Party, Balmy Blue

Blends: Daffodil Delight light, Parakeet Party light, Balmy Blue light

Paper: Basic White, Basic White thick

Accessories: circle stencil made with circle dies and acetate, black embossing powder, corner rounder (retired)



2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad it came to you Amanda because this is just gorgeous! I adore the cute little birds and they look fabulous in their little inky circles! Thank you for coming to play with us at Addicted to CAS. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! The circles are perfect behind those whimsical birds.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!