Friday, August 25, 2023

Colorful Tree Fun - Stampin' Up! Wishes All Around

  For my card today I was inspired by a new to me challenge site called Time Out Challenges and their current theme is "colorful".  A few of my stamping friends have shared cards inspired by this site and I thought it was high time to add it to my list.  You can never have enough inspiration right?  And it's 2 week challenge which is nice because sometimes I just can't do a one week turnaround lol!  

  I used the Wishes All Around bundle again today and I definitely love how this one came out but I think it might be a one and done kind of design lol!  It's a bit fussy and time consuming even with the 3 tree dies in the set (which I love, definitely makes things go faster but still...21 trees!).  For my local customers who attend my classes; don't hold your breathe, we won't be doing this one in class!


  The actual design is very simple with a Basic Black base topped with a piece of Whisper White embossed with the coming soon Snowflake Sky embossing folder.

  Next I stamped the trees 3 times in each of my 7 colors (listed below).  I was happy to use up a bunch of small scraps for the trees so that's always a good thing! Then comes the die cutting for the trees.  

  The sentiment banner is stamped with one of the sentiments from another new set; Merry & Bright.  I stamped it in Versamark and then embossed it in white on Basic Black cardstock.  One of the banners from Stylish Shapes dies cuts it out.

  Now I'm ready to assemble the card.  Not gonna lie here, I took a bit of time to arrange the trees and banner to get a feel for spacing and such.  I used my grid paper to help line things up and to try to maintain spacing.  Once I had everything set I added a mini dimensional to the back of each tree and some regular sized ones to the banner.  I started adhering at the bottom row and from the 2 outside trees in towards the middle to help maintain even spacing.  Then I worked my way up the card with the banner and 2 other tree rows.  I think I did ok and only see one tree that's a little wonky.

  After that it was just a matter of adding a few embellishments.  I added a Sweet Sorbet baker's twine bow and then some of the new Iridescent-Backed Discs.  They are actually more white but the iridescent pink tones showed up in the photo so it looks like they don't quite match.  And that's that, another Christmas card for the stash.

  All of the items used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.  Items marked with a * will be available starting September 6, 2023.  

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Wishes All Around*, Merry & Bright*

Ink: Versamark, Mossy Meadow, Pretty Peacock, Pool Party, Sweet Sorbet, Flirty Flamingo, Daffodil Delight, Lemon Lolly

Paper: Basic Black, Basic White

Accessories: Snowflake Sky embossing folder*, Wishes All Around dies*, Iridescent-backed Discs*, Stylish Shapes dies, white embossing powder, Sweet Sorbet baker's twine, dimensionals



  

2 comments:

  1. Aww.. this is such an adorable and magical card, Amanda. Love the colorful trees. Thank you so much for playing with us at Time Out. Hugsxx Deepti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sentiment perfectly sums up this card. Your design is wonderful and so much FUN! Thanks for playing our colorful challenge at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!