Friday, October 7, 2022

Sweet Country Kitten - Stampin' Up! Cheerful Basket

   I haven't had much time to play along with challenges lately but I was able to get a card made for the current Festive Friday challenge which is Farmer's Day.  I didn't have much farm stuff on the inspiration list but I was able to create a card with some of the elements.  I used farm animal (mine is a barn cat! Because everyone knows you have to have barn cats!), gingham, green, die cut and thank you sentiment.  While it doesn't overtly scream 'farmer' I think it ended up with a country feel to it in the end.


  I started with a Basic White thick card base and then layered a piece of retired Gingham Gala DSP in Balmy Blue for the background.

  I stamped and colored in the kitten and 3 butterflies from the Cheerful Basket set with Blends markers and then die cut them.  The kitten is layered on a Soft Sea Foam Stylish Shapes circle with the sentiment flag to the side (also cut with the Stylish Shapes dies).

  The butterflies are adhered with dimensionals above the cat to give it something to look at.  I embellished the cat with a tiny piece of narrow grosgrain ribbon and added 2 Polished Dots to the corner.

  So happy Farmer's Day however you celebrate!!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Cheerful Basket, Biggest Wish

Ink: Basic Gray, Balmy Blue

Blends: Smoky Slate light, Daffodil Delight light, Soft Sea Foam dark, SU1000

Paper: Basic white thick, Basic White, Soft Sea Foam, Gingham Gala DSP (retired)

Accessories: Stylish Shapes dies, Full Basket dies, dimensionals, grosgrain ribbon, Polished Dots, dimensionals



3 comments:

  1. The gingham definitely adds to the farm feel Amanda and what is a farm without a cat - someone has to keep the field mice in check, right?! Thanks for playing with us over at Festive Friday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are correct, Amanda, everyone needs a barn cat, and yours is absolutely adorable! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, I love your fresh colors and your little tabby with his butterflies takes me back to my childhood - just the sheer innocence of it all. Thank your for that wonderful memory, and for sharing this fabulous card with us at Festive Friday this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!