Friday, October 14, 2022

Rainbow Flurry - Stampin' Up! Joyful Flurry

   Rainbow flurry sounds like a fantastic frosty ice cream treat doesn't it?  Anyone at Dairy Queen need a great idea for a new Flurry flavor??

  I used the Global Design Project challenge of CASE the designer which has a lovely rainbow project to inspire us and I combined that idea with the sketch at CAS Colours & Sketches as I thought the diagonal lines would be prefect for the snowflakes.


  I feel like this card is missing something but I can't quite figure out what to add/change and still keep it CAS (clean and simple).  I might have to do another version and pull out all the 'over the top' stops! 

  I stamped the snowflakes on the diagonal in the rainbow colors (listed below) then used my Blends markers (colors listed below) to highlight parts of the images to give them a bit more weight.  They are very delicate, thin lines so I think adding a bit more color helps them stand out.

  I added a few Adhesive Backed Seasonal Sequins and then the greeting from Brightest Glow is stamped in Bermuda Bay and accented with flagged ends then popped with dimensionals.  I can't tell if I mounted the sentiment crooked or if I took the photo crooked....maybe a bit of both lol!

  Thanks to both challenges for the wonderful inspiration!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Joyful Flurry, Brightest Glow

Ink: Bermuda Bay, Granny Apple Green, Mango Melody, Flirty Flamingo, Polished Pink

Blends: Pool Party dark, Granny Apple Green light, Flirty Flamingo light, Polished Pink light

Paper: Basic White, Polished Pink, Bermuda Bay

Accessories: dimensionals, Adhesive Backed Seasonal Sequins




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!! I love the way you "reversed" our sketch - so clever, and those rainbow snowflakes are beautiful. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!